Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Dahlias Have the Blues

I'm playing along with a new (to me) challenge called Make My Monday where we are currently challenged to use a stencil. I love stencils...especially for backgrounds! I wanted to try out some distress glaze so I sponged Versamark ink though the dotted stencil then heat embossed Salvaged Patina distress glaze. It differs from regular embossing powder by adding a shiny finish. I struggled with getting the shine to show up better in the photos.

I smooshed 3 different shades of green distress inks - Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness - onto my glass mat them dabbed the leaves into the colors. I used a brush to color the floral layers with Salvaged Patina then splattered Peacock Feathers and some Permanent White Gouache. I nearly covered up the majority of my stenciled dots but there are a few peeking out.

STAMPS: Say It Essentials (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, More Mustard, Peacock Feathers distress inks; Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise dye inks by PTI.
PAPER: Bristol Smooth Surface; Dark Chocolate (PTI).
DIES: Into the Blooms: Dahlias, Sweet Celerration, Skinny Frames: Diagonal Border (PTI).
OTHER: Dots stencil (PTI); Salvaged Patina distress glaze.
 

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm babysitting two of the grands this week while they are on spring break. It's cold yet again today and I'm wondering what happened to the few spring days we had earlier in the month. It will have to be inside play day since all 3 of us are fighting allergies/cold symptoms. Have a great day!  ~Wanda

2 comments:

meg said...

You created a beautiful stencilled background for the gorgeous fresh colours in the diecut leaves and flower thank you for joining in the challenge at MMM

Connie said...

Love your lay-out on this card, Wanda.
I just got the dahlia blooms set and great to see the different design ideas.
Thanks