Friday, March 4, 2022

#cardsforukraine

The senseless tragedy of Russia's attack on their neighbors in Ukraine is hitting close to home! Papercrafters have a number of leaders in the industry that are from Ukraine. Yana Smakula is widely known for her designing, teaching and leadership with a variety of teams and companies. She is currently living in a bomb shelter, trying to survive. The design team at Papertrey Ink has a team member from Ukraine - Svitlana Shayevich - who is so talented and is trying to cope with having parents, a sister and many friends still in Ukraine. The DT at PTI wanted to show their solidarity, support and love to these dear fellow crafters and create a card supporting them and their country! 

I started by masking off a panel of Bristol Smooth Surface paper and sponging with Mustard Seed distress ink on one half and Prize Ribbon on the other half to represent the Ukrainian flag. The country's official flower is the sunflower so I went with layered dies from the Into the Blooms II die set from Papertrey Ink. I sponged with distress inks, added details with Prismacolor pencils and used foam tape between layers to add dimension. 

I added rain drop embellishments and ironically, thought I should call them tear drops instead. I've been very emotional thinking of the anguish that people in Ukraine must be feeling! After listening to Zelensky's address to Russia earlier today, I was definitely in need of tissues! I can only pray (I know God is in ultimate control) for an end to this ridiculous war! 

STAMPS: Just Sentiments: Thinking of You (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Mustard Seed, Prize Ribbon, Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo, Mowed Lawn, Crushed Olive distress inks (Ranger); True Black (PTI).
PAPER: Bristol Smooth Surface, White.
DIES: Border Bling: Tin Stitch, Mix & Mat: Scallops, Into the Blooms II.
OTHER: Rain drop embellishments.

 

2 comments:

Connie said...

A great card for Ukraine, Wanda!
I think most of the world is heart-broken over Ukraine's suffering and we all feel so helpless against this unjust aggression.
Thanks for your inspiration.
Take care.

Unknown said...

I really like it and I hope there is something new

Fishing Shooting