It's the last day of reveals for the March release at Ink to Paper! Products will be available to buy tomorrow evening at 10 PM EST, so get that shopping list ready! Today, we are introducing Just Sentiments: Milestones II stamps + Feathered Friends Mini 9 stamp set and dies + To Die For Sentiments: Mother die + Feathered Friends 9 die + Inside Greetings: Appreciation stamps.
My first card is very clean and simple with the patterned papers doing most of the work. It features the new Feathered Friends Mini 9 set with a sentiment from the Just Sentiments: Milestones II set.
STAMPS: Feathered Friends Mini 9, Just Sentiments: Milestones II
INK: True Black, Smokey Shadow, Weathervane, Soft Stone, Pure Poppy, Classic Kraft
PAPER: Gingham Farm 6x6 pad by My Mind's Eye, White, Pure Poppy
DIES: Feathered Friends Mini 9, Love to Layer: Scalloped Circle
This is such a lovely sentiment focal point which I die cut twice from Hibiscus Burst card stock. I layered it over a vellum covered background stamped with the Enchanting Roses stamp and Weathervane ink.
STAMPS: Enchanting Roses
INK: Weathervane, Green Parakeet, Ocean Tides, New Leaf, Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, Hibiscus Burst
PAPER: Weathervane, Hibiscus Burst, White, Vellum
DIES: Enchanting Roses, To Die For Sentiments: Mother, Love to Layer: Torn Edges
1. Layer vellum over a stamped background to soften the look and to allow the sentiment die be a more prominent focal point.
2. Sponge the edges of the torn edges die to add some depth.
3. Layer at least 2 or 3 sentiment die cuts to give it more texture and to make it easier to adhere to your card.
Meet the new Feathered Friends 9 die set! He's a beauty and so easy to put together! I have lots of textures in my layers and it's one of my faves from this release.
STAMPS: Inside Greetings: Appreciation, Blossoming Branches
INK: True Black, Spring Rain, Blue Sky, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Weathervane, Dark Chocolate, Honey Nut, Canyon Clay
PAPER: Classic Kraft, FIne Linen, Weathervane, White
DIES: Feathered Friends 9, Blossoming Branches, Border Bling: Tin Stitch, Woodwork, Border Bling: Twigs
1. Cut all the parts of the bird die from white card stock then color blend with inks.
2. Add texture with woodwork and tin stitch dies.
3. Add visual interest by "popping" the bird and flowers with foam tape.
STAMPS: Enchanting Roses, Just Sentiments: Appreciation
INK: Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Ocean Tides, Pinefeather, True Black
PAPER: Bitty Big: True Black, Bright Buttercup, White
DIES: Enchanting Roses, Delicate Doilies, Stitched Rectangle
1. Choose four colors for the roses that blend well and mimic natural color variations you would see in roses in real life.
2. Add Nuvo Jewel Drops to the florals for more visual interest.
3. Round corners to soften a card's look.