Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Color Throwdown #576


Are you ready for another great Color Throwdown Challenge? Lisa is hosting this week and has chosen navy, teal and mustard! I wanted to create a non-mushy masculine Valentine card and think these colors got the job done! I started with scribbling some diagonal stripes using Zig watercolor markers on Ranger water color paper. I blended the lines with a wet brush then die cut a number of small hearts. I actually CASEd an old card of mine when I was guest designing for The Cat's Pajamas in January 2016. You can see that card HERE.


I frequently grab the Crimped Frame dies by The Greetery when I want to add a bit of texture to a design. I love the timeless, classic look of the the crimped edges! The navy sentiment looks black in the photo but truly is navy cardstock and navy ink. I offset the "always" die with a layer of mustard cardstock behind the navy.
I finished it off with some clear sequins.

STAMPS: Conversation Hearts (The Cat's Pajamas).
DIES: Nested Hearts Cutups, Always Cutup (The Cat's Pajamas).

For more inspiration, check out the rest of the design team samples below:











We hope to see you in the gallery!
~Wanda

3 comments:

Lagene said...

WOW! I absolutely love your diagonal striped hearts and the card layout!

~amy~ said...

Wanda, I love how you incorporated the colors! So Pretty!

A.Rose said...

Love the way you colored the card stock for the die cut hearts! Absolutely gorgeous!