Thursday, January 30, 2020

Botanicuts Roses


It's been snowing all day here in VA, but thankfully it's coming down lightly and is very wet and not sticking much to the ground! It gave me a good excuse to hibernate in my "she shed" and finally use the BotaniCuts Rose dies I ordered from the recent release at The Greetery. Betsy Veldman's video on Tuesday's blog post was very helpful and inspired me to emboss and watercolor the text in my background. You can see the video HERE.


There are definitely a LOT of die pieces with this set and it took me as long to cut apart the dies as it did to create the card - lol! I used blending brushes to color blend the distress oxide inks instead of the tiny sponge daubers that were used in the video. 

STAMPS: Pretty Postmarks, Sentiment Suite Birthday (The Greetery).
PAPER: Ranger water color paper; White (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Worn Lipstick, Abandoned Coral, Barn Door, Candied Apple, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive distress oxide inks.
DIES: Postal Frames, Sentiment Suite Basics, Botanicuts Roses (The Greetery).

That's it for now...thanks for stopping by!        ~Wanda

No comments: