Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas Joy



This was a quick one layer card I created for the SCS Sketch Challenge. No stamping involved...just die cut elements and some wood veneer snowflake embellishments!

DIES: Winter Words, Wreaths, and Branch Out Confetti Cuts by Reverse Confetti; Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics by MFT.



On an oily side note...here's another DIY essential oil gift idea. I just recently found out about this alternative to chemical laden fabric softeners...PLUS...these wool dryer balls cut down on the length of drying time.  Not only does your laundry smell great, you won't use as much electricity to run your dryer.  Hartville Hardware is a HUGE hardware store that I always love to visit when I go to my hometown in Hartville, Ohio.  While there over Thanksgiving, I got excited when I saw some wool dryer balls already made up, so took the shortcut and bought 2 of them.  I'll admit I haven't remembered to use them yet (my house is still in remodeling chaos mode), but want to try them out soon!  Let me know if you have had any experience with wool dryer balls...I'd love to hear how you like them!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty card Wanda...love it.
Thanks for sharing about the dryer balls!

Vickie Z said...

Totally fun!! Hoping the kitchen is done in time...but, those of us who been around a while know how to wing it !