Monday, December 28, 2015

Birthday Wishes



My first post Christmas blog post and I'm feeling much more relaxed as I look forward to another week off before heading back to work on January 3rd.  My youngest brother's birthday is 12/31 and I needed a quick card to get in the mail today. I decided to use the sketch for the current Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.   I used Reverse Confetti stamps and dies for all but the stitched rectangle panel which uses a die by Lil' Inker Designs.  I smooshed Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, and Fossilized Amber distress inks on Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock.

STAMPS: Celebrate Cake, Circle Sentiments, Label Me - all by Reverse Confetti.

Thought I'd share several Christmas day photos.  First is a family room tree shot showing the calm before the storm...


 Quinn is serenading us on her new piano in this shot...


We had a yummy meal of our traditional menu of fried oysters (fresh from the Chesapeake Bay) and Honeybaked ham.  We were happy to have 3 Canadians join us this year (our DIL's sister and parents) from Ontario and also our other DIL's mother from northern VA.  





4 comments:

Karren said...

Beautiful card! Your background is so cool. Great photos too! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

~amy~ said...

Your card is so pretty....love all the green! FAB pics too!

Linda Callahan said...

The background of your card is gorgeous! Such a pretty card! Lovely family pix! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Kim S said...

What a wonderful Christmas dinner - great food and family! LOVE your first post-Christmas card. I love your use of the sketch and your background is fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.