Wednesday, December 30, 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch



A quick and easy card for the current CAS(E) This Sketch
challenge! I smooshed Cracked Pistachio and Tumbled Glass distress inks over Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock - drying with a heat gun between color changes.  Since I couldn't find a shade of CS to match the Cracked Pistachio, I just sponged the one die.

STAMPS: Eye Charts (My Favorite Things)
PAPER: Sno Cone (MFT), TH watercolor CS
ACCESSORIES: Stitched rectangle die by Lil' Inker Designs; Eye Glasses Die-Namics by MFT; Clear sequins.

Now that all of the new distress ink colors have been released for the year, I found the updated color chart on the Ranger website.  I am waiting for Candied Apple Red to arrive in the mail, then this OCD person will have all the colors! :-)  I find it very helpful to refer to a sample color chart when I'm choosing inks.  So much more accurate than going by the color of the lid.  Here is the Ranger LINK if you would like to download either the new color swatch chart and/or label colors with names.

3 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Awesome card! These eye-chart stamps are always so eye-catching (sorry, I couldn't resist)! And I love how this one looks against your water colored background! Happy new year!

Michelle said...

Beautiful colors and great detail....just right for CTS #!53!

donna mikasa said...

Fun take on the sketch, Wanda! Love the addition of the eyeglasses!