Friday, July 2, 2021

Washi Tape to the Rescue!

If you saw the post on my blog this past Wednesday, June 30, you know that there was a post on the Ink to Paper blog for the Great Cover-Up Challenge. I rarely throw out card stock if I goof something up. I either turn it over and try again or I cover up the mistakes...in this case with washi tape.


I was trying my hand at gelli plate printing after watching Jennifer McGuire's recent video and my plaid background stamp didn't fare too well - lol! I have a drawer full of washi tape and don't use it very often, but thought these tropical prints would pair up well with the flamingo die from the June release at Ink to Paper.

 

On the back side, I anchored the ends of the tape with scotch tape since some of them didn't want to stick very well. To give it a more finished look, I added a frame die.

I die cut all of the bird parts from white Bristol Smooth Surface paper. It makes it easier to color blend when I use this paper. I added texture to the flag banner using a Cuttlebug plaid embossing folder.

STAMPS: Just Sentiments: Summer. 
INK: Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Scarlet Jewel, Hawaiian Shores. 
PAPER: White, Raspberry Fizz, Green Parakeet 
DIES: Pierced Feature Frames, Feathered Friends 12, Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles. 
OTHER: Washi Tape, Cuttlebug embossing folder

I'd love to hear how you remedy those mistakes that you might make. Or am I the only one? 😂😂😂  Stay cool everyone!  ~Wanda

 


 

2 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Very clever with the tape. Love the colors you used. tfs

Ida said...

What a great way to use the Washi tape to cover up the mistake. - I really like your card.