Friday, July 23, 2021

Fireflies

 

Nothing says summer like watching the twinkling lights from fireflies on a warm summer evening near dusk! We are seeing an unusual number of them this summer and our two local grandchildren (five and seven) enjoy trying to catch them! When I saw the recent release from The Greetery, I knew I had to have the Mason jar and firefly dies!

 I wanted to keep the jar shape for my card so instead of gluing it onto a rectangular A2 card base, I die cut two of the jar shapes and adhered them together at the top with 1/4" Scoretape to form a hinge. The background was ink blended with Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon distress inks. The light rays were stamped with Crackling Campfire distress ink. I used a pale gray cardstock for the base and silver metallic cardstock for the jar lid.

 I'm entering this into a new (to me) challenge called the Stinkin' Inkers Challenge which has a "Let the Sparks Fly" theme this month. I'm sure they were thinking fireworks, but I stretched the idea by using glow powder on the firefly bodies. It was my first try with using the glow powder and I wasn't sure how to apply it. I added a lot of liquid glue (Bearly Art Precision Craft glue) then poured the powder over it and allowed for a long drying time. I'd love to hear from you if there's a better way to adhere the powder!

STAMPS: Firefly Nights (The Greetery).

PAPER: Soft Stone, White, True Black, Vellum (Papertrey Ink); Metallic Silver (Stampin' Up).

INK: True Black (Papertrey Ink); distress inks as listed in the description.

DIES: Fireflies, Jumbo Jar, Shining Light (The Greetery). 

Have a wonderful day! It's "Friyay" and we are looking forward to celebrating our 5 year old grandson's birthday tonight (it was actually yesterday). He requested a spaghetti supper (or "paschetti" as he calls it). 😂💝   Thanks so much for stopping by!                ~Wanda

 

No comments: