Monday, June 1, 2020

The Paper Players

 
It's been awhile since I've played along with The Paper Players challenge, but I'm needing at least FIVE birthday cards for close family members in the month of June! Jaydee's tic tac toe challenge was perfect to get a couple of identical cards done this morning. I used the top horizontal row with "flowers, girly, and birthday". This stamp set by The Greetery is sentimental for me since my first car I owned was a navy blue hard top VW bug! It was my senior year in college and I needed a car to make home health visits while I was studying public health nursing. I vividly remember having to ford a shallow stream to get to one of the houses! But I digress - lol!


Betsy Veldman at The Greetery has a step by step guide for using this set and it makes it so easy! Here is what I used...

STAMPS: Top Down Day, Painterly Stripes Background (The Greetery).
PAPER: Neenah Smooth 110# Solar White.
INK: Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Raspberry Fizz, Weathervane, True Black - dye inks by Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper; Smoky Slate (SU).
DIES: Top Down Day, Silver Lining (The Greetery). 
OTHER: Washi tape.

That's it for now. Time to get some house work done!
                                                       Happy stamping!     ~Wanda 

4 comments:

Allisa said...

Such a super fun card! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Stef Perry said...

Oh Wanda, your card is a total delight! Love that VW filled with flowers and balloons, it makes such a festive and fun birthday card! I also love this as my first car was a 1959 VW with a cloth sunroof, then went on to own two more VWs into my late 20s. So glad to see you in the Player's gallery this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun and cheery birthday card, Wanda! Love those balloons. Thank you so much for joining us over at The Paper Players!

Sherri Thacker said...

I just got this set yesterday and could not wait to ink it up! I love your card. So bright and cheery!! I will definitely be using this set to make lots of cute birthday cards over the summer!!