Monday, June 22, 2020

Patriotic Thanks



I finished a really good crime fiction book over the weekend written by Brad Parks. It's a real page-turner with lots of unexpected twists and turns What made it more interesting is that he grew up in this area of VA and used frequent references to local roads, towns, businesses, etc. If you're looking for a good book, I recommend Closer Than You Know! 
 I also squeezed in a quick card for two different challenges.  The Paper Players challenge has us creating a CAS (clean and simple) card which I always struggle with but think there's enough white space to keep the challenge police away - LOL! I'm also using colors for the Sunday Stamps challenge.

I've said it before and will say it again...these pinwheel stencils are just so much fun from The Greetery!




With the Fourth of July coming up soon, I thought the pinwheels would be fun in patriotic colors. Here's what I used...

STAMPS: Written in Ribbons (The Greetery).
PAPER: White, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Matte silver metallic (Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper).
INK: Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy - dye inks by Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper. 
DIES: Pinwheel Party, Twisted Crepe, Written in Ribbons (The Greetery); Stitched Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things).
OTHER: Pinwheel Party Stencil (The Greetery).

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!    ~Wanda


8 comments:

KindleLover said...

Wow! I love the celebration vibe in your card. It really comes out with the banners and that stencil :)

Heather said...

Wow, Wanda - this is gorgeous! Love those images, and the cool swags - perfect for July 4, AND our colors, lol. Love it! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Cindy H. said...

Wanda, this is a great 4th of July celebration card! Love it!

Jaydee said...

Wanda, such a fabulous patriotic thank you card. I love the pinwheels and the bright, bold sentiment. So glad you shared this with us at the Players this week
Jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

Wanda, this is fantastic! I love the pinwheels and the patriotic theme to your card! The big, bold sentiment is perfect! So happy you shared this fabulous card with Sunday Stamps!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the fun celebratory, patriotic feel of your card Wanda! Thanks for playing along with my CAS Thanks challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

laurie said...

Love the patriotic colors..they just pop! thanks for playing along at PP this week!

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, this is so amazingly festive! It just screams hot weather and picnics. I love it!! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.