Friday, June 12, 2020

Ink to Paper June Release Day #2


I hope you enjoyed the glimpses yesterday of the new Ink to Paper release that will go live on the 15th. There is more goodness to introduce you to and I'm happy to be on the Featured Post on the Ink to Paper blog today using Flourishing Florals stamps/dies + Just Sentiments: Hugs stamps + To Die For Sentiments: Long Distance Hugs Die + Inside Greetings: Sending Hugs stamps!





HELPFUL TIP: For added texture, I added mini staples, a torn edge of card stock and jute twine. I also like to vary the heights of my layers by popping some of the elements (tag and largest flower) with foam tape. This adds so much more dimension and interest to a card!


STAMPS: Flourishing Florals, Just Sentiments: Hugs (Ink to Paper)
INK: Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, True Black, New Leaf
PAPER: White, Raspberry Fizz, Green Parakeet, Bitty Big: Raspberry Fizz
DIES: Charming Tag, Flourishing Florals, Floral Delicacies
OTHER: Black jute twine, Mini staples.



My second card uses this great sentiment die as the focal point but there are still lots of layers happening. I nearly covered it all up, but I wanted to add a weathered wood look to the interior of the twig frame. I started with Fine Linen paper, scored at 1/2" intervals, then lightly brushed some Tea Dye and Old Paper distress inks over it. The twigs were sponged with Vintage Photo distress ink.


I used three different inks on the flowers (Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest) to get the peachy pink shades I was aiming for. The leaves were stamped using Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse and Ripe Avocado inks. 

HELPFUL TIP: Cut out the sentiment die at least two times (often I use three layers) to give it more dimension and to make it sturdier to adhere to your card. 



You don't want to forget the inside of your cards! ITP makes it so easy and included a sweet sentiment set to use for inside greetings! I also like to tie it in somehow with the card front. In this case, I used the oval twig die that matches the rectangular twig frame.

 

 


STAMPS: Inside Greetings: Sending Hugs, Flourishing Florals
INK: Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Old Paper, Vintage Photo distress inks; Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, ripe Avocado, Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest
PAPER: Fine Linen, White, True Black
DIES: Border Bling: Twigs, Border Bling: Tin Stitch, Flourishing Florals, To Die For Sentiments: Long Distance Hug.
Thanks for hanging in there on this long post! Come back tomorrow for more fun reveals!
Happy stamping!    ~Wanda

3 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Lovely details on your cards! Can't wait for these!

Pauline said...

Wanda, your cards are beautiful! Love all the layering of elements, colours and designs! Love these!

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, Wanda! I especially love the rich colors of the first one. Just wondering how hard it is to line up the layers of the flowers. I struggle with several sets I own from PTI & other companies.