Saturday, June 20, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches


Good Saturday everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. I ran some errands then retreated to my crafty space to create this card for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge. I had the bird and tag leftover from previous projects, so this went together very quickly. I cut out the leafy Bouquet Background die from Green Parakeet card stock. I had a follower recently tell me I was the queen of polka dots and stripes and yep...I used them again here! I love the patterned paper packs in all the stock colors at Ink to Paper. Each pack gives you two sided papers of plaids, polka dots and stripes! 


Obviously I flipped the sketch to a vertical rather than horizontal orientation. The leaves extend beyond the card base so I'll have to use a slightly larger envelope than an A2 size. I color blended the bird with brushes and gently lifted up the wing "feathers" to give it dimension.


STAMPS: Feathered Friends Mini 1 (Ink to Paper).
PAPER: Bitty Big: Harvest Gold patterned paper, Aqua Mist, Green Parakeet, White (Ink to Paper).
INK:  True Black, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise (dye inks by Ink to Paper).
DIES: Background Bouquet, Feathered Friends 1, Charming Tags (all by Ink to Paper); Stitched Rectangle STAX by My Favorite Things.

Thanks so much for stopping by!                      ~Wanda

4 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

This is the most gorgeous card!! I love everything about it! Thank you for joining us at FMS this week!

Kim S said...

I just got that bird - and am definitely saving your card for inspiration - I love the mix of blended pieces and solid cardstock. And you've created such a lovely backdrop for him. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow, Wanda. That bird is absolutely stunning. You did an amazing blending job on it. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Charlene Stalker said...

Wanda, I love your color combinations and the way you colored the bird is excellent! Thanks for the inspiration to go and create!