Sunday, November 10, 2019

Paper Players Color Challenge

 
It's color week at The Paper Players and Claire has chosen some really gorgeous colors for us! I decided to go with some ink smooshing (that's a technical term, I'm sure - lol!). I went with a holiday sentiment but I'm thinking I may need to add some kind of ornament accents to make it look more like a Christmas card.


I used the closest distress inks that I could match with the SU colors and went with Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet, and Twisted Citron. I first triple stamped the Abstract Triangles background (Simon Says Stamp) with black ink then smooshed on the distress inks. A frame was die cut using Papertrey Ink's Pierced Feature Frames die and I adhered a vellum layer behind it. The sentiment is by Lil Inker Designs. 

We sure would love to have you join us! For more inspiration from the rest of the design team, you'll want to check it out HERE.
                                                                    ~Wanda

9 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Wanda, this smooshed background is gorgeous! The triangles look like little trees. It adds so much to your geometric beauty! The framed vellum makes your sentiment pop! I think it is perfect just the way it is! Thank you for making my colors shine this week! XX

laurie said...

Very creative background!! I love it!

Windy Ellard said...

Awesome background you created with these colors and love the shapes! Great Christmas card!

harisalee@64gmail.com said...

So beautiful work!
Logo Design

Ann Schach said...

How creative, Wanda! I love your ink smooshed background. This is such an awesome geometric design. It has treelike look so perfect for a holiday card, especially when paired with this sentiment! LOVE it!!!

LeAnne said...

What a fun retro look you've achieved! Bold and cool!

Jaydee said...

Wanda, I am in love with that background and your geometric elements. Fabulous
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is gorgeous Wanda; your smooshed background provides a colourful base for your bold sentiment diecut. Love the geometric triangle pattern too.

Anne Marie Hile said...

That background looks awesome, Wanda! Love the colors mixed with the geometric prints. The big, bold sentiment is the perfect touch!