Monday, May 13, 2019

Sweet Birthday Wishes



I was so excited to see this watermelon die set and the sweet sentiments that were in the last MFT release! Years ago, I created a watermelon shaped card using circle dies, but this simplifies things so much and is so fun for summer card giving! I'm playing along with the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I had some really old 12x12 scrapbook papers in a mottled dark pink/red and the polka dotted green and thought it would work well for the melons.

The plaid banners are from MFT's Plaid Patterns Merry and Bright 6x6 paper pack. I was initially baffled by a small die that had a scalloped edge. After checking the card samples on the MFT blog, I realized it gave me a "bite" out of the melon option - DOH!

STAMPS: Sweet Sentiments (MFT).
INK: Versamark.
DIES: Sweet (MFT), Watermelon Slice (MFT), Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX (MFT), Stitched Sentiment Strips (MFT).
OTHER: Pure White embossing powder (Altenew).

                                                                  ~Wanda

No comments: