Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Color Throwdown #545


Hey, it's hump day and that means a new Color Throwdown challenge is happening!  Jodi is our hostess and has some really beautiful, vibrant colors for us! I went with a succulent theme since her chosen photo happened to feature them.



I went with water coloring these succulent dies from The Greetery
using Zig clean color brush markers. I struggled with blending the colors to the point of nearly causing the water color paper to disintegrate - lol! I'm still working on mastering these dies, although the assembly is easier if I can look at this reference photo I took when I first got the set. I layered the succulents over Reverse Confetti's Geo Panel die in kraft CS. I thought they looked rather lonesome, so tucked in some leftover berries from PTI's Spring Berries stamp/die set and then I was happy!  And once again...I grabbed a sentiment (one of 18 total) in my favorite Simple Strips Background stamp/die by Taylored Expressions.  I think I need to earn a commission by my constant plugging of this versatile set - haha!

Speaking of succulents, I'm really loving the variety of subtle coloring and textures IRL and thought I'd share a photo of a pot of succulents that sits at my kitchen door entrance. 

So that's all for now. We'd love to have you play along with us this week! For more inspiration from the rest of the talented design team, you can visit their links below.
                                Amy Rysavy
 
 
                        ~Wanda

3 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

Gorgeous!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Wanda, you always amaze me! This is so gorgeous! Love that background die!

Nancy Penir said...

oh good golly, Wanda, saw this on Pinterest and had to rush over to tell you, 'IT'S GORGEOUS!' Amazing design, and love the rich water-cooling!!!