Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy New Year


Hard to believe the cogs have turned and another year has rolled by! I'm enjoying these weeks off work and have gotten to play in extra challenges that I normally have to pass up.  This card uses the latest Retro Sketch and is also for the Just Us Girls Challenge to use sparkle along with a new year's theme.  I went with red and silver glitter CS to die cut the stars and embossed the watch using silver EP to add some extra shine.  I can never capture glitter in my photos, no matter which angle I try!  This is my first time inking up this Clockworks stamp set by SU and realize I should NOT have used a textured red paper as the image in the BG didn't show up clearly. Live and learn!  I added a couple of Tim Holtz' sprocket gears and inked up a portion of a Verve sentiment from the Merry and Bright set.

It's a big day of end of season football games and the big rival game between the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys will begin soon.  For people in this area, it's like the Super Bowl with all the hype about what's on the line for the winner of this game - lol!  Off to get my pom poms ready!  Thanks for stopping by...

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous mix of the challenges, Wanda! Love the card!! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful mix of items - love the gears and stars~ Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Wendy said...

Love your card...so fun.