Monday, December 31, 2012

Chalkboard Technique


So ironic that I had a blog update in my inbox with a link to Betsy Veldman's Chalkboard Technique for PTI's Make it Monday challenge and then I checked out the Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS and saw Joan had posted the same technique. I've been wanting to try this for some time, so this was definitely a sign that I had to play - lol! This sentiment from Verve's "Learning to Sail" set was perfect for the main focal panel!  I white embossed on black CS then sponged Colorbox "Frost White" pigment ink along the edges and brushed some ink on the "storms" word.  A nautical charm added to the baker's twine finished off the card which uses Jen Shults' fabulous layout for her current Deconstructed Sketch Challenge!

PAPER: Nottinghill by 7 Gypsies
ACCESSORIES: Black/white bakers twine, Catch A Wave Die-Namics by MFT, Corner Chomper

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Loving that wave die and well done with the technique :) Fabulous sentiment and perfect touch with the charm :)

Tracy said...

Well I'd say you aced the technique challenge Wanda. The white inking really adds a lot of realism to the chalkboard effect and the waves die cut is a fun little extra. Happy New Year!

Katherine said...

I think your chalkboard card is fantastic and was truly inspired by both the challenges. I plan to feature your card that will link back to your blog & post on the next Trendy Tuesday article for Papercrafters Library as it's such a great card. Check out the post next Tuesday at http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/

Anja v K@@rten said...

Wonderful!!!! And...Beautyfull!!

Greetings, Anja