Friday, December 28, 2012

Dirty Dozen Cards: October 2011

I'm back with cards from the Dirty Dozen theme for October 2011: Weather or Knot.  The dirty girls were feeling punny that month and were inspired by anything related to weather and/or the word "knot" (bow as focal point, tie the knot wedding theme, decorative knot, etc.).


 A knot is also a nautical term for the division on a log line used to measure the speed of a ship. When I first heard the challenge theme, I knew I wanted to do a collage from images in this SU set and incorporate a sailor's knot as well.
Winter weather is my least favorite, yet it can produce such fun snowmen! :-)

Knotted ribbon

Knotted pumpkin

Rainbows will follow the clouds!
 This card was inspired by a gorgeous card created by Leslie Miller - unfortunately, I don't have a link to her card, and it was also inspired by that month's lovely inspiration photo. I loved Leslie's idea of stamping a silhouette over a sponged sunset BG and knew I wanted to use this technique with this great sentiment!
Just another rainy day...
French knots compose the center of the sunflower

That's it for October DD creations...thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Love that nautical card!! You used the set fabulously!! Great work on the others too.