Sunday, July 3, 2022

Hollyhocks Are Blooming!

The Greetery was on top of their game this past week with speedy shipping! I ordered at 10:30AM on Wednesday and the order arrived on Friday! Woohoo! I couldn't wait to ink up these new hollyhock dies Friday evening and finished assembling them and placing them onto a card Saturday morning. They do involve some labor intensive work but so worth it when the dimensional flowers are completed!

I'm playing along with the new Paper Players Challenge where it's theme week. Laurie has chosen a "green thumb" theme, so these florals were a perfect fit! I colored everything with Papertrey Ink dye inks then splattered with water. I always love the mottled look that gives. I got to try out my new Brutus Monroe Stick and Stamp Mat and what a handy tool! No messing with taping down your stencil anymore. 

I'm really hooked on using Limeade Ice for a light shade of green, so it was what I chose to use with the rectangle stencil.

STAMPS: Sentiment Suite: Birthday (The Greetery).
PAPER: White (PTI); Bristol Smooth Surface.
INK: Limeade Ice, Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet, Raspberry Fizz, Spring Moss, New Leaf (PTI).
DIES: BotaniCuts: Hollyhocks, Sentiment Suite Basics, Crimped Frames (The Greetery).
OTHER: Rectangle Extraordinaire Stencil (My Favorite Things); Gold brad. 
 
That's it for now...enjoy the holiday weekend!  ~Wanda

3 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Wanda... these flowers are absolutely gorgeous!

Connie said...

Fantastic hollyhocks, Wanda!
Can't wait to get these beauties!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is STUNNING!!!!! I love every detail! I just keep looking at it. I have always loved yellow and red together. I am going to have to look at the set. OH girl, YOU ROCKED this challenge at The Paper Players this week!