Friday, July 19, 2019

CAS(E) This Sketch



There's an awesome new sketch that Brian King has created for the current CAS(E) This Sketch challenge! I wanted to play with the floral and mason jar dies from the awesome mega die set - Tag Creations: Joyful Jars - by Ink to Paper. I will have to add that this set takes a lot of patience to layer all the tiny floral pieces, but it's worth it in the end! If you want quick and easy, this set isn't for you - lol! For helpful hints on organizing and using the set, you can check MY POST HERE.



I have lots of washi tape and the stripe elements on this sketch were perfect for using some. I wanted the horizontal element at the bottom to be very subtle, so I tore off an edge of heavy weight vellum and adhered it using a quick squirt of Elmer's spray adhesive. I added some twine and dew drops for embellishments.

It's going to go up to 95 degrees in VA today! If we can survive the weekend which will go even higher...I'll look forward to the 80's predicted for next week! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!                                        ~Wanda

5 comments:

Sue McIsaac said...

This is a beautiful card!

Greetings from Gail said...

Love your card!

JulieP said...

Lovely!

me gusta zellulose said...

This card is out of this world! So happy that you played "Case this sketch", for now I've discovered your blog and get to browse through it :-)
Love, Kat

Nancy said...

Had to come over for CASE and tell you how fabulous this card is! So impressed!