Monday, July 22, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches




I got some happy mail on Saturday from The Greetery after there was a mini release earlier in the week! I love sunflowers which are such a happy flower IMO. So, this Sunflowers die set was a must have and, of course, my first project would be to create a trio of flowers in the traditional yellows! I die cut the shapes from watercolor cardstock then painted and splattered with colors from my Mijello Mission Gold palette. The layout is for the current Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.



I created the illusion of the two vertical panels by stenciling two strips of Soft Suede ink (SU) with a TCW stencil called Mini Tile Texture. I cut out two hello sentiments (Small Hello by Simon Says Stamp) from a dark brown piece of CS from my scrap paper pile.

Thanks so much for stopping by...

3 comments:

Lin said...

Gorgeous work, Wanda - love your sunflower card!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Your sunflowers are amazing and so realistic looking! I am not familiar with The Greetery but I'm off to check out their website now!

Kim S said...

Those flowers are amazing! I love the subtle pattern you put behind them - it's perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.