Sunday, February 17, 2019

Paper Players Challenge




It's time for another Paper Players Challenge and it's clean and simple week! We are also to use monochromatic colors in our design, so it was the perfect time to try out my new roll of washi tape from Altenew! It was so ridiculously easy to make this card! If you're like me, you end up at times with white cardstock panels that might have ink smears or other "blemishes".  This 4 1/2" wide washi tape allows you to cover up an entire A2 card base. 


 


I stamped the sentiment 3 times with navy ink and a MISTI, then fussy cut and adhered it to the card. A few clear sequins were the only embellishments.

STAMPS: Super Script (Altenew).
PAPER: White, Night of Navy (SU).
INK: Navy Blue (Reverse Confetti).
DIES: Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things). 

For more inspiration by the rest of the design team, be sure to check out their entries HERE.

13 comments:

Su Mohr said...

Wanda, Your watercolored flowers are just beautiful! I'm not sure I understand about the wide washi tape, but it sounds like a miracle worker!

Pam Sparks said...

oh wow! I clicked over to see how you colored it! Washi tape! Crazy, pretty. impressive!

Sue Duffy said...

This is gorgeous, Wanda. Is the background floral a stamp or is it DSP? It is beautiful.

paper bag create said...

Beautiful card! Lovng the colour scheme and the florals. Thanks for sharing your inspiration. :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous card, Wanda!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Wanda this card is stunning! You list one ink so I'm assuming that you stamped off for the lighter shades??? Absolutely stunning! Hugs.

laurie said...

Love it! I have that washi too..great idea!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Wowza Wanda - and all with 4 1/2" wide washi tape? I didn't even know you could get such a thing, but I'm off to hunt for some as your card is gorgeous! Navy and white is one of my favourite colour combos too. A CAS masterpiece!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! I wished SU! made 4-1/2" wide washi tape! How easy...and gorgeous is that! LOVE it! A beautiful card, Wanda!

ElizStewart said...

Spectacular!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love the Washi tape idea! I need to check it out! This card is stunning! I love navy and white together! The flowers are gorgeous and so is that sentiment! I hope you are having a great week! XX

Jaydee said...

Wanda, I love the washi tape as your background, especially with the big bold sentiment. And, yes.... I have ruined a CAS card with a smudge, inky finger print, or something more times than I care to remember.... or admit :-) Fabulous take on the challenge
hugs
jaydee

ElizStewart said...

WASHI TAPE!!! OMGee... this card is brilliant! So love it!