Thursday, July 12, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches



I decided to go with a new (to me) SU set called Bird Banter for a quick and easy belated birthday card for my stash. I used the sketch for the current Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.

The background was sponged with Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron distress oxide inks using Tim Holtz' Bubble stencil.  The patterned papers came from the Tropical Life 6x6 pad by Recollections.


My OCD tendency is really struggling as I cannot overlook the stark whiteness of the X-Press It Blending Card panel compared to the Sweet Tooth CS (MFT) which is on the background panel.  Eeekk!  It really clashes!!  There are so many different shades of white out there and I should have known better.  Anyway...I paper pieced the bird image and tucked in a couple of fussy cut leafy branches and it simply wasn't an option for doing it over.

Thanks so much for stopping by...

5 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

This really pretty and really creative. Love the parrot. I know what you mean about the various whites - I worry about that stuff too - but really, if you notice it at all it looks as though you were accentuating the sentiment deliberately. So relax as this is a fabulous card and I think it uses the sketch well.

Bev Gerard said...

What a fun cad, Wanda! I adore the dot stenciling adding a fun texture behind the sassy parrot! And yes, m'dear ... there are times when we stampers just need to "let it go" and dance as if no one is watching. ;)

Kim S said...

Charming bird and fabulous background! I love your use of the sketch to add the two parts of the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile Ribon said...

What a pretty tropical take on this week's sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Linda Callahan said...

Fun card!