Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Celebrating 500th CTD Challenge!



Wowzers! The Color Throwdown Challenge has hit the 500 mark today and yours truly is hosting the colors which are navy, blush, gold and white! It's also the Fourth of July in the US, so fireworks had to be included in this post - lol!

 I fell in love with this cake while browsing Pinterest.  The wee touch of gold is perfect to create a celebratory card!





The Blush 6x6 pad by My Mind's Eye was perfect for the challenge and I pretty much let it do the talking!  I cut two navy layers and one blush layer of the sentiment.  The flower die was part of a card kit by Simon Says Stamp.  I also used MFT's Stitched Basic Edges Die-Namics and added a trio of dewdrops as embellishments.  



I ended up giving this card to our middle son and DIL who celebrated their 5th anniversary on June 30th!

They got married in a tiny chapel in the Old City Cemetery and Arboretum in Lynchburg, VA.  Two beautiful children later, they are once again at the chapel entrance!

For more inspiration from the rest of the design team, click on their blog links below:



2 comments:

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Wanda! Love these colors together. Congrats to your son and his wife for sure. Lovely card!

Nancy said...

Lovely card Wanda! I also loved that inspirational cake you found and I had to be sure to play along!! Thanks so much for your kindness! What an adorable chapel too!