Saturday, October 8, 2016

Inspired By...All The LIttle Things





Happy Saturday everyone! It's time for a new Inspired By...All The Little Things challenge and you will LOVE this great inspiration photo!  The fabulous colors and the umbrella theme was all I needed to jump into some watercoloring for my background!  Here is my take on the photo...


After wetting down some Ranger watercolor cardstock, I then scribbled distress ink markers over the base, using a brush to gently blend them together.  After that step was dry, I splattered some water drops to "bleach" out some spots.  I paper pieced the umbrella die and added a sentiment flag - all from My Favorite Things' Umbrella Stamp/Die set.  The inside sentiment reads "I'm Here For You, Rain or Shine".  These oldie but goody clear dew drops - adhered with SU's fine tip glue pen - added another element of raindrops.

The challenge linky will close on Friday, October 14 at 12:00 pm (PST), so be sure to check out all the inspiration over on the Inspired By blog, and link up your creation!  Hope to see you in the gallery!



8 comments:

~amy~ said...

perfect!

Leigh Penner said...

I love your fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful watercoloring, and I love the patterns you chose for the umbrella! Thanks so much for having me along as guest designer for this challenge...Barb

Barb Ghig said...

I almost forgot...the theme for the current challenge at Addicted to CAS is 'Watercoloring', if you're interested:
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2016/10/challenge-98-watercolour.html

Karren said...

Oh this is gorgeous, Wanda! Your watercolor background looks fabulous and that umbrella is perfect!

KimCreate said...

Really great card for the challenge. The dew drops make great water drops. Love the blended distress ink.

Marcie Sharp said...

What a perfect take on the inspiration photo! I just love that MFT set; I use it all the time. :) Great card!

LauraJane:) said...

Got to be the HAPPIEST umbrella:))