Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2 in 1 Challenge



I should have gone to bed, but my curiosity got the best of me, and I discovered that Mercy Kerin had already posted her Tuesday sketch and Betty had posted the color challenge on SCS...so here's my card that I made in the wee hours of the morning. I wasn't sure how I could use Basic Gray with Always Artichoke and Crushed Curry, but surprisingly it was a different but pleasing color combo! The image was colored with Copics then cut out. The curry layer was embossed with the CB using a herringbone EF. I tried repeatedly to tie a bow with the twill ribbon, but the thickness made it difficult and all 3 attempts went into the trash. So that's how I came to use a butterfly instead. :-) I rarely use Flower Soft, but decided to add it to the centers of these sunflowers. Thanks for visiting and leaving comments! Off to bed I go...

STAMPS: Rubber Stampede
PAPER: DP by SU, Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke, White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: CB, Oval Nesties, Herringbone EF, Nut Brown Flower Soft, Brads, Brass butterfly, MS twill tape

4 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Wanda - your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! Perfect take on the CC and the Sketch!!! Hope you get to sleep in this morning :)!!!

Thank you for thinking of me and my family during this sad time...it means the world to me/us!!! Hugs ~S~

Marisa said...

Wonderful job with Mercy's sketch, Wanda, as well as the incorporation of the CC:D Your sunflowers are gorgeous and I love the butterfly charm.

Tanya said...

This came out beautiful! Love the butterfly, the flower soft looks fab!

Dawn B. said...

I wish I could stamp late at night.. I would get so much more done.. I love the charm you used. Sunflowers are my favorite.. Terrific job.