Thursday, February 8, 2024

Seize the Birthday

 

Hello crafty friends! I'm so excited to share a card with you as I am guesting for the Seize the Birthday challenge this week! It's all about splatters which is one of my favorite details to add interest to a card. I used distress inks in pinks and yellows (Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed) to create my background.

My go-to method for splattering is to pick up ink or paint from my
glass mat using a small paintbrush that is dampened with water. I then repeatedly tap the brush against my metal piercing tool. I have better control of the splatters when I do it this way. My trial using a fan shaped splatter brush years ago was a total disaster. Some people swear by using them but it wasn't for me!

The crepe banners were die cut from white then color blended with inks I used to stamp the florals on the balloon.
 
STAMPS: Balloon Bouquet (The Greetery).
INK: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry distress ink; Lemon Tart, Vintage Jadeite dye inks by Papertrey Ink; Sparkling Rose, Bubble Gum, Aquamarine dye inks by Pinkfresh Studio; Versafine Clair Nocturne pigment ink.
PAPER: Stampers Select White, True Black (PTI).
DIES: Big Balloons, Twisted Crepe dies, Balloon Bouquet (The Greetery); Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things).

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you joining us in the splatter challenge at Seize the Birthday!  ~Wanda
 

10 comments:

Linda said...

Wanda, what a fun birthday balloon card with the awesome splatter. Your card is so festive. Love it. Thanks for being our Surprise Guest.

Nancy said...

Coming by to tell you once more how fabulous this is. My girlfriend mailed me this set a few years ago and sadly it got lost somewhere. Every time I see a card using it it makes me a bit sad. Awesome job with the Topping and we are so lucky to have you as our guest.

Barbara said...

You certainly conquered the splatters! That is one thing that scares the bejabbers out of me. Lol! I love the look of this card and the ribbons and balloons make for a fabulous birthday card. Great to have you as a guest at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Welcome to Guesting! Super fun balloon card

JulieP said...

I can't get over how you blended that amount of splatter into a perfectly designed card front. I'm in awe! This is just lovely Wanda.

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card Wanda, I love how consistent your splatters are! I almost thought it was patterned paper, I must try your method :) Thankyou for being our gust at STB, Cathy x

Ashwini Rao said...

It is such an awesome card! I absolutely love that splattered background - your claim that you have better control over the splatters is proven! Love the gorgeous balloons as well as those banners. Thank you so much for this gorgeous inspiration!

JoAnn said...

Your big flowery balloon is so pretty. Love your card. Glad to have you guesting with us at Seize the Birthday.

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous card, Wanda! Great splatters, and I love the banners. I’ve been trying out a fan brush for splatters - with varied results 😆. Great to have you as our guest.

Glenda J said...

This is so fun and fabulous Wanda! I love the colour combination and your splatters are awesome. Terrific balloons too - such a happy card. So glad you are joining us at Seize the Birthday.