Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Color Throwdown #755

 

The weeks roll by so quickly it seems! Our area schools are all starting today which seems so early to me. Wednesdays also mean a new Color Throwdown challenge is happening. Susie is hosting and has some fabulous colors for us: red, yellow, green and white. Here is my take on it using stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink.

I smooshed distress inks onto Bristol Smooth Surface paper then splattered the red and yellow areas. I love the pierced dies that come with the Psalm Reflections: April set because they match with the pierced leaves from Into the Blooms: Blossoming Beauties. I found some yellow gingham paper in my stash and went with it for the background.

STAMPS: Garden Blessings (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Candied Apple, Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn distress inks; Versafine Clair Nocturne.
PAPER: Buffalo Brights 6x6" pad (My Favorite Things); White (PTI); Bristol Smooth Surface.
DIES: Into the Blooms: Blossoming Beauties, Psalm Reflections: April, Love to Layer: Rectangles (Papertrey Ink); A2 Layers (Waffle Flower); Banner Flags STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things).
 
Thanks for stopping by...hope to see you in the throwdown gallery! 
~Wanda 

 

1 comment:

Ida said...

Super pretty card. Love the big bold red flower and the gingham background is really fun. I also like the pierced look on the white panel.