Friday, November 4, 2022

Inspired By...

 


Hi crafty friends! I couldn't resist the new Inspired By challenge which has pinecones as the focal point in the photo. I guess you could say my card layout is a "stretch" of the sketch in a 'flipped to the side' version. 

I really love the Into the Blooms: Pine die set that was released in October by Papertrey Ink, so that was my starting point.


I used 4 shades in the brown family (Classic Kraft, Honey Nut, Cocoa Bean, Dark Chocolate) of ink at PTI to color the two layers of the pinecones. I cut the evergreen boughs from some old, retired cardstock from SU (Hunter Green and Sage Shadow). I splattered all the parts with White Gouache paint and added Distress Rock Candy glitter by Ranger. 

The snowflake border die is so elegant and one of my faves for winter and Christmas! I used the smallest bird of the pair in the Festive Birds dies set (PTI). Patterned paper is an old 6x6" pad "Blue Christmas" by Recollections. There is no stamping involved...only dies!

DIES: Into the Blooms: Pine, Festive Birds, Elegant Edges: Snowflakes, Border Bling: Joy Frame (Papertrey Ink).

TGIF! Have a great weekend!  ~Wanda

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh Wanda, this is a beauty!
So happy you joined us over at the Inspired by Challenge.

Laurel said...

Absolutely gorgeous! thanks for playing at IB!