Saturday, February 20, 2021

Release Day at Ink to Paper/Papertrey Ink

 

Good Saturday everyone! It's a frigid weekend in VA and not to get above freezing today or tomorrow! Brrr but thankful for heat, power and water...unlike so many in Texas! I'm going to organize my craft room a bit and maybe get inky as well. It's release day at Ink to Paper and products will be available at 10 PM EST. I expect many of the popular items to fly off the shelves quickly - especially since there's a 15% off sale on everything but paper to celebrate the company's 14th anniversary! I wanted to create another card using the Effortless Beauties set. I only used a small portion of the florals on my bird card from yesterday and wanted to show you how beautiful the roses can be.

I seldom go to using orange and not sure why. I do love it paired with blue (gotta love those UVA colors - lol)! If you ever watch Shauna from Foiled Fox on her videos, she will often spritz the stamp once with water after she inks it up. You can do this with dye inks and it gives it a more mottled watercolor look. I used this technique on this card and think it works better with Bristol Smooth Surface paper instead of regular white card stock.
The Enchanted Evening panel has the berries stamped on it in the same color ink to give a tone on tone look (hard to see in the photos but I love this detail).

STAMPS: Effortless Beauties (Ink to Paper).

PAPER: White, Enchanted Evening (Ink to Paper); Bristol Smooth Surface.

INK: Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Canyon Clay, Summer Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Limeade Ice, New Leaf, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado (Ink to Paper).

DIES: Tag Sale: Quilted die, Effortless Beauties (Ink to Paper).

Stay warm and safe everyone!                              ~Wanda 

 

No comments: