Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Color Throwdown #630

 


Hi everyone! It's time for a new Color Throwdown challenge and yours truly is hosting this week. I was inspired by this gorgeous cake to choose some light, pastel colors - blush, sage green and gold. This was my first time using the boxwood wreath die set from The Greetery...and as always...I'm loving Betsy's creative die designs! It was perfect to add a wedding card to my stash.

I love the postage elements that are from The Greetery's Pretty Postmarks set. The sentiment and lily of the valley are from the Signed and Sealed set. My mother had white lily of the valley in one of her flower beds and the fragrance was always the best! I'm thinking I need to find some and plant them so I can relive that memory!
I smooshed the three distress oxide green inks onto Bristol Smooth Surface paper. After it was dry, I die cut the leafy details and splattered with Yellow Gold paint from the Gansai Tambi Starry Colors palette. Valentine's Day is history for this year, but love that these dies can work all year long.

STAMPS: Signed & Sealed, Pretty Postmarks (The Greetery).

PAPER: Sweet Blush, White (Ink to Paper); Sage Shadow (retired from SU).

INK: Sweet Blush, True Black (Ink to Paper),;Sweet Nectar, Mojito, Last Leaf (WPlud9); Bundled Sage, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint distress oxide ink (Ranger).

DIES: Boxwood Heart Base, Boxwood Heart Details, Postal Frames (The Greetery).

Thanks for stopping by. For more inspiration, check out the rest of the talented design team's creations! Hope to see you in the gallery!                                                                             ~Wanda

3 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love it!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Loving the postage stamp theme to your pretty card Wanda and these colours are just gorgeous! I adore the scent of lily of the valley too. Vicky x

Rosemary said...

so pretty... love the mix of different stamps and dies! thank you for the lovely comment on my card and for the great color combo!