Sunday, December 8, 2019

Paper Players Color Week




Good Sunday everyone! There's a new Paper Players challenge happening today and I'm totally loving the gorgeous color palette chosen by LeAnne! This was perfect to create a card using some new goodies just released in November by The Greetery! I don't have Seaside Spray ink or paper, so I went with what I thought was a bluish shade that I had in my huge leftover pile. Photoshop wasn't cooperating with me and for some reason, my photos look more green than in real life.

I die cut all the pieces, sponged same color inks on the edges, then splattered the pine boughs and pinecones with watered down Copic Opaque White pigment. I also added some crystal coarse glitter (Martha Stewart). I intentionally didn't glue down all the leaves and portions of the bow so they would be more dimensional. I really love the textured details of the Nordic frame dies and those pinecones are so much fun to layer up as well!

STAMPS: Sentiment Suite: Christmas (The Greetery).
PAPER: Kraft, Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink),  X-Press It Blending Card (for a very stark white).
DIES: Nordic Frames, Botanicuts Pine Bough, Fit To Be Tied, Inside and Out Berry Branch - all by The Greetery.

 
We'd love to have you join us for this challenge and if you need more inspiration, stop by the blog and check out what the other talented designers have created HERE.
           ~Wanda

10 comments:

Su Mohr said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Wanda! I love all your designs, but this is one of my favorites!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is stunning, Wanda! I just love the detailed frames and those snowy details. Just WOW! The gold bow is the perfect finishing touch. It has been so wonderful to work with you over at The Paper Players! Big hugs!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh my goodness, you rocked the color challenge with these gorgeous botanicals! I love the colors, textures, chunky glitter and beautiful layout.

laurie said...

Beautiful sprig...love it in the challenge colors!

LeAnne said...

This is just fabulous, and you make me want to run over to the Greetery and buy all of those dies!! The frames are amazing! Just a beautiful card all round! Thanks for making my colors look fabulous this week! And thanks for being such a great Guest Designer...I looked forward to seeing your amazing creations every week and you have been quite an enabler as I have spent some $$$ after seeing some of your beauties!

Windy Ellard said...

Beautiful details on this card Wanda..love the borders. Merry Christmas!

Claire Broadwater said...

Wanda, this is amazing! I love all the items from The Greetery! I just ordered these dies. They were out of stock. I love the pinecones and the greenery! That bow is so pretty! Your rocked this challenge! It has been wonderful working with you! I am so happy you joined us as a GD and look forward to working with you again. Wishing you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! XXX

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Wanda! This card is absolutely stunning. I love the gorgeous pinecones and the die cut frame. Every week, your work was an inspiration! I will miss creating alongside you. Have a wonderful Christmas! Hugs!

Jaydee said...

Wanda, so much beautiful detail on this card. Your arrangement is fantastic and I love the edging details. Another gorgeous card. So glad you joined us as a GD this year
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is stunning Wanda - I love everything about it! Beautiful frames and layering and I love the dimension on those pinecones and the snowy details all finished with that beautiful gold bow! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creations as a guest designer with us this year - your talent will be missed! I hope we will still see you in the gallery and I will be sure to continue to follow you so that I don't miss out on your amazing creations!