Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Color Throwdown #564



It's Wednesday and that means there's a new Color Throwdown Challenge up and running! This week, Amy Rohl is hosting and she has chosen red, yellow and brown for our colors. I opted for a curry shade of yellow since this is officially fall (though it was in the 90's last week when I was working on my card)! 


I created my own patterned background using a variety of leaves from the Tim Holtz Leaf Prints set by Stampers Anonymous. I used Real Red, Crushed Curry and Soft Suede inks by SU then ran it through my Big Shot using the Crimped Die by The Greetery. Speaking of crimping...I then got out my long neglected crimper tool and ran a strip of Real Red paper through it for some fun texture. The little wren was stamped with So Saffron, Crushed Curry, More Mustard and Sahara Sand inks by SU.  The sentiment is from the Comforting Commands set by The Greetery.

We'd love to see how you interpret these great colors! If you need more inspiration, be sure to check out the rest of the design team's samples below. 







Thanks so much for stopping by!         ~Wanda

2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! Love those leaves and that little bird! I bought this sentiment , too! Can't wait to use it! XX

Liz Williams said...

Gorgeous card, Wanda!