Thursday, October 10, 2019

Blessed is the Man...

 
I was needing a pastor appreciation card this week and was inspired by the photo for the {PIN}spirational Challenges and the sketch for Freshly Made Sketches. In the photo, the sentiment is the central focal point and it's surrounded by random leaves. I went with an old but faithful sentiment by Verve - Jeremiah 17:7 - as the focal point. My new favorite "loose leaf" stamp is the collaboration set by Reverse Confetti and Simon Says Stamp during their Stamptember celebration.



The outline was stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink and the
filler colors were Shabby Shutters, Scattered Straw and Stormy Sky distress inks.  I slightly tweaked the sketch by offsetting the sentiment panel and I put the trio of circle elements in the upper right corner.  I can't seem to get enough of the Crimped Frame dies that were recently released by The Greetery! They are especially fitting for masculine designs. The base cardstock is Enchanted Evening by Papertrey Ink.

Remember, October is traditionally pastor appreciation month...so don't forget to show your pastor some love!
                                                                         ~Wanda






3 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the big sentiment taking center stage, Wanda! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card Wanda! I just love that verse! The background is so lovely! I didn't realize it was pastor appreciation month! Thanks for letting me know!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

This is lovely! Those sweet leaves are delightful! Glad you joined us at FMS!