Sunday, September 15, 2019

Paper Players CAS



Happy Sunday everyone! It's time for another Paper Players challenge and this week, Anne Marie is hosting a clean and simple challenge with a "marvelous metallics" theme! I knew right away I'd use a leftover piece of alcohol ink blending that I had in my stash for many months. I blended Ocean Green, Sky and Lake Blue inks by Brea Reese (thanks to a half price coupon at Michael's) and added Pinata Brass fixative which gives a fabulous gold veining to the panel. Yupo paper is by far my first choice of paper for this technique! I take advantage of coupons at Mike's for this as well. I die cut the Boddington Tree Border by PoppyStamps from Altenew's Gold Mirror cardstock. The easiest way for me to adhere an intricate die is with Elmer's spray adhesive.



The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions' Simple Strips: Friendship stamp set and was white embossed on black cardstock.
I recently watched a helpful video from Kristina Werner who tested several brands of black cardstock with white embossing.  You can see the video HERE. I used True Black by Papertrey Ink which isn't one of her tested papers, but it's a very black black and embosses well if you have your heat gun hot and move it around quickly so the powder doesn't absorb into the paper. TIP: Even with an anti-static bag rubbed over the cardstock before embossing, you still can get tiny stray white specks on your paper. Use a black gel pen to dot over the white speck and you'll see it disappear! :-)

For more inspiration from the rest of the talented design team, please check out their creations HERE Hope to see you in the gallery! Have a blessed day!                         ~Wanda   

7 comments:

laurie said...

So pretty! I love the way you used the gold!!

LeAnne said...

This is jaw-dropping! I am a total ignoramus about Yupo, oxide inks and brass fixatives, but your final creation is amazing. That die is perfect with your background (I use spray adhesive too!), and what a great tip about the black gel pen on your embossing! I will have to give that a shot, because I always get stray embossing bits!

Jaydee said...

Wanda, I love that background and the gold pieces on it are fabulous. Gorgeous card. Hope you have a fabulous week
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Wanda! This card is stunning. I know nothing about any of these products...but I do know that you use them to perfection! And thank you for the tips. I need to invest in spray adhesive!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Wanda I am late with my commenting this week and yet I loved this card from the moment you uploaded it! I ma in awe of that fabulous inked background with golden highlights and the gold diecut overlay is just the perfect metallic highlight. Metallic CAS perfection!

Windy Ellard said...

You created a beautiful background for these lovely gold trees!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wanda, I totally know what I'm saving up my Michael's coupons for, going forward. That background is AMAZING! Such a perfect backdrop for those foil trees. Absolutely fabulous, in every way!