Saturday, July 8, 2017

Verve July Release Day 2

 

Welcome back to Day 2 of Verve's July Release Spotlight Hops! The Verve Divas and special guests are back for another day of spotlighting our new release! Everything previewed this week will be available to order in the Verve online shop on Monday, July 10. And if you just can't wait, you can pre-order our July Release Collection at a 25% discount through July 9! Today we're sharing our first projects featuring the Happiness Is stamp set and coordinating Happiness in a Cup Die Set.

 Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for the full hop list, a little more about our new products and all the prize info and deadlines!


This set is not just for coffee lovers...it's got the chocolate and book lovers covered as well!  I can think of many ways to incorporate these stamps with a gift tag, gift bag and in this case...a bookmark!  Add a mug of coffee flavored chocolates and pair it with a book and you've got a great gift ensemble!

I started with some foil patterned paper by Recollections for the base. The cup image was popped up with foam tape for added dimension. Some Verve florals - white embossed on watercolor cardstock so I could color with Zig Clean Color brush markers - were added to the bottom.   A few gold sequins echo the gold foiling in the patterned paper.

 I couldn't stop here without creating a card as well...


A clean and simple design that allowed me to use some of my neglected washi tape!  I first splattered some gray ink (Smoky Slate) over the card base.  I die cut three of the happiness sentiment to give it the look of chipboard.  I separated the 'happiness is' sentiment stamp so I could pair 'is' with the happiness die.  The cups were stamped with Ripe Persimmon distress ink and Ocean Drive Pure Color dye ink by WPlus9.  The matching dies make it so easy to have perfectly cut images to 'pop' on a card.

You should have come to my blog after visiting Sheri.  If you need to start at the beginning, head on over to the Verve blog so Julee can get you started.  From here, you'll want to visit Charmaine and see what she has created!
Day 2 Hop List
1. Julee7. Teresa
2. Kathy (Guest)8. Maureen
3. Sheri (Guest)9. Betty
4. Wanda (Guest)10. Christyne
5. Charmaine11. Laurie
6. Marisa12. Lesley

44 comments:

Hetty said...

Beautiful tag, Wanda and the card yet so differen is so happy and colorful.
Great samples with the new set.

Lesley said...

Cute projects, Wanda!

Sue Crease said...

Love your ideas for this set. I love anything coffee so the idea of sweet too! Lush. Love he rich feel to the tag and clean card.
X

Christine said...

Yes! That sentiment is PERFECT for a book mark, and I adore your bright trendy card!

stampingbowd said...

Oh, wow! When I was looking at the stamp set I missed the -AND- ! I love it! That is true happiness, chocolate and a really good book. I love Max Lucado! His books are really good and go with chocolate!!! :) Great set! Your card is really fun too! Love that fun happiness die!

Gloria said...

Lovely tag and card! Thanks for sharing.

Vivian Foo said...

What fun card & tag ! Love them.

Andrea W said...

Fun creations! I really love the splatters and washi tape on your card.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty tag and card! Love your color combos!

Becca Yahrling said...

Oooh, you just gave me the great idea to make the hubby a coffee themed bookmark. He asked me for one last week, but I only had girly ones. And yours is really cute. Love this new set.

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful card and tag!!!

Carmela said...

Love the tag, how cool. Your card is a great design and love the colors.

New Creations said...

This is totally fun creation set, love it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I love these both so much! The orange, aqua and grey is so calming and the layout has the perfect balance. And that gorgeous bookmark has me wishing I could curl up and read all day! Just beautiful, Wanda.

Dee Earnshaw said...

such a pretty tag and card. Very inspiring:)

JoAnn said...

Great card and tag using this new set. Love them.

Teresa Doyle said...

Wanda, I love a clean and simple design and your card is amazing. Of course I am a tag fanatic so that is simply "right up my alley"!
Well done!

Rosemary said...

super fabulous set of projects, wanda!!

lisa808 said...

Chocolate and a book--great combination and card.

Janis said...

Love the bold background on your tag and the fun colors and way you used washi on your card! Wonderful work!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Cheryl S. said...

Great creativity for this great set. I love your choice of colors.

Mary Holshouser said...

Great cards.
thanks for sharing.

Marisa said...

Love Max Lucado and your card is fabulous - great colour combo

Susan Powell said...

These are so cute! Love the colors.

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous bookmark! I love how you've staged it and the card has a cool retro vibe. Amazing! xxD

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful!! Love the collage and all the colors!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is totally fun!

Sue D said...

Cute bookmark and I like the use of washi tape on the card.

Betty Wright said...

The card is fantastic! Really love the bookmark, too!

McStamper said...

Great ideas. Love the dark background on your tag.

CarlavdM said...

I too like your tag very much and so true...coffee or tea, chocolate and a good book or magazine ;o)
The card with the washi is lovely tooo.

Dorothy S said...

Great projects, Wanda. The cups on the second are so cute!

~amy~ said...

Love your great projects Wanda! Love this new set!

Dori Shelton said...

I love the tag you made and the colors of your happiness is card are fantastic. This is my favorite set in this release! I love it!!

Marianne said...

Fun projects. I would really love some chocolate know...

Karen Day said...

Perfect set for a bookmark! I love the clean feel of today's card - lovely!

D.Ann C said...

Super fun bookmark and card! These sentiments are great!

Super Stick Chick said...

Fabulous card and tag, loving your great designs.

Lucy E. said...

Super fun gift set!
I love the sentiments
in this set!!! The card is so sweet!

Tina Z. said...

amazing tag, so bright.

Valerija said...

How completely beautiful are these creations with those amazing images and sentiments!

Tink said...

Love these!

Karenladd said...

There are so many fun sentiment combinations with these sets, and your lovely tag pretty much sums it all up! Love the color combo that you used for a vintage flavor.

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Coffee and a book, two of my most favorite things! A beautiful tag and card to look at. What more could a girl ask for? Thanks for sharing.