Tuesday, July 18, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch




I'm loving the new layout by Donna Mikasa for the current CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge! I wanted to pop a color against a trio of black patterned papers and went with a sunny yellow that will make you want to grab your shades!  I didn't have a bright yellow button, so I went with a button die from MFT, layered up 3 cuts then added Glossy Accents over the top.  This Spring Flowers stamp set by Simon Says Stamp is probably my current favorite set of florals!  I love to emboss with white (Altenew Pure White Opaque EP) then color with Zig Clean Color brush markers!  The matching dies (Floral Shapes wafer dies by SSS) make it so easy and you don't have to stay inside the lines since it's all die cut!  The sentiment is from SSS Uplifting Thoughts stamp set.

ZIGS: 051 Lemon Yellow, 050 Yellow, 052 Bright Yellow, 053 Yellow Green, 046 Mid Green, 043 Olive Green.
PAPER: Bazzill 'Licorice' Basics Patterned Paper; Ranger watercolor cardstock; Yoyo Yellow (retired SU).

10 comments:

Karren said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love it!

Shirley A. said...

Your card is beyond fabulous! The colors are striking and the sentiment perfect! Great work!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your beautiful card, Wanda! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card, love the pop of yellow!

Doni High said...

I love the combination of black printed paper you used and the pop of yellow is perfect!

I Card Everyone said...

You HAD me at Houndstooth!! Really fabulous!
=]

Marge said...

This is just stunning ! Absolutely deseves winner. Congrats ♡

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congrats on your win at CTS#230! Love your beautiful coloring of the flowers and the creative way of using the patterned paper! Hideko

donna mikasa said...

Absolutely gorgeous take on the sketch, Wanda!
Congrats on your deserving win!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the pop of yellow with the black/white background.