Thursday, July 20, 2017

SFYTT for July




This month is flying by and I still hadn't played with Reverse Confetti's Sketch For You To Try challenge, so it was time to remedy that situation!  I was going to stay totally monochromatic and create a beachy themed card for a neighbor who waters our plants while we are on vacation.  At the last minute, I thought it needed a pop of color, so added some florals.   Here is what I used...

STAMPS: Build a Bunch and Posted Note Sentiments (Reverse Confetti).
PAPER: Free Spirit 6x6 pad and Stone CS by Reverse Confetti; Black Licorice (MFT); White (PTI); X-Press It Blending Card.
INK: Versamark; Memento Tuxedo Black.
DIES: Sand dollar, Build a Bunch, Pierced Round Top Layers - all by Reverse Confetti; Stitched diagonal strip by Lil' Inker Designs.

The florals were colored with Copics, die cut, then several flowers were popped with foam dots.  I used a stipple tool to add some Lead ink (RC) to the edges of the sand dollar.  

Years ago, we visited friends at a beach cottage in Swansboro, NC and took the owner's small boat to a tiny island called Sand Dollar Hill.  There were oodles of sand dollars everywhere and I remember being so surprised that their color is not initially white like you see in the souvenir shops - lol!  Instead, it's a dirty brownish/gray color that is bleached out later by collectors.  I also always loved the legend of the sand dollar and thought I'd share it with you here.

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

Wanda, your card is beautiful...LOVE the pops of color!