Friday, June 10, 2011

My fave color...Green!





Since it's such a scorcher of a day outside, what better way to stay cool than to stamp away in the AC?! This is my second card for the day...and it's for the 2nd Viva la Verve sketch challenge in the Verve forum on SCS and also for the Paper Sundaes Challenge using the theme - let's get sentimental. Using Andrea's fabulous sketch, I went with a monochromatic card with papers from Cosmo Cricket's new Odds & Ends Mini Deck pad. I stamped off the fern once before stamping on the oval Nestie.

Here's what else I used:
STAMPS: Forever in Our Hearts (Verve) - fern
Hope Blooms (Verve) - sentiment
PAPER: Vintage Cream, Early Espresso, Odds & Ends (Cosmo Cricket)
INK: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
ACCESSORIES: Corner chomper, Oval Nesties, Pearls, Tiny flower punch (from $1 bin at Mike's), Embroidery trim by Wright's, Satin ribbon, Floral Band border punch by MS.

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Ooooh....loving all that fabulous green - happy sigh... :) Great take on the sketch and love how yo used the MS bunch border. Great card.

dstandard said...

Such a beautiful card - love the green on green!

Joanne Travis said...

I love this olive color and that sentiment is really awesome!! Haven't seen this one before. Lovely work, as always!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I love these greens. I rarely used much green but love it. Great job on this sketch too..:)

Alica said...

Love all the green and the sentiment too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Hugs,
Alica ;)