Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Teapot Tuesday



I couldn't resist playing with Mothermark's Teapot Tuesday Challenge this week. The story is detailed in the challenge link, but bottom line is Hot Head Jed needs to get outta that river because there really IS gold in the garden! Instead of panhandling for gold all the time, he needs to get out and take time to smell the roses! My card will be sent to a fellow crafter who is fighting terminal stage IV stomach cancer...3 young children...a husband...my prayers and thoughts go out to this family! For Katie's story, please go to her blog...you will be touched and if you're like me...you'll be in tears! I used shimmer white CS to emboss the rose image in gold. I then spritzed the rose until there were puddles of water on the paper. I then dipped my aquapainter in Summer Sun and Mauve Mist reinkers and dotted the colors in different sections of the rose. For a more detailed tutorial, go to my Tips/Tutorials tab at the top of my blog and you'll see a link to Patty Bennett's directions. I used the Manhattan Flower EF to dry emboss on the white sentiment side of the panel. I thought this verse (done in such a beautiful font as only Julee from Verve can do!) would be very fitting for Katie. And of course, the gold rickrack and gold pearls, in addition to the gold embossing would satisfy Jed...IF he ever took time to enjoy his garden!
STAMPS: Fifth Avenue Floral (SU), Psalm 3:3 Plain Jane (Verve)
PAPER: Summer Sun, Shimmer white CS, Devonshire Collection by KaiserCraft
INK: Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Sizzix leaves die, MS floral band border punch, Kaiser gold pearls, Gold EP, Aquapainter, Summer Sun & Mauve Mist reinkers, Manhatten Flower EF

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Heartbreaking story, and I cried tears for her as I read about her struggles to wrap her mind around the reality of a God who loves her. Praying she will encounter His saving grace in her time of need. Blessings to you for sending her this gorgeous card and verse.

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful, Wanda! Love the fresh colors!

Wendy said...

Very pretty!! I love this! :)

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful teapot card Wanda! love the embossed rose!