Saturday, January 22, 2011

Barbie Inspired




Steph's Inspiration Challenge on SCS was to be inspired by a Barbie website. I chose this Dolly Forever designer doll and was inspired by the colors and those funky layered boots! A rolled felt flower was layered over a scallop circle then anchored with a button and yarn. I dusted off a stamp from the Terrific Tags punch box by SU that hadn't seen ink for a VERY long time and popped it with dimensionals. This qualifies for Jessie Rone's Forgotten Stamp Friday Challenge which is helping me with my new year's goal to regularly use some older stamps. Petals-a-Plenty EF by SU was used to emboss the Sahara Sand base layer. I layered 3 strips of large scalloped Raspberry Fizz (PTI) borders (EK Success punch) and added lace and black pearls. It's pretty much a CAS card...at least for me! It's a global warming temperature of 15 degrees tonight! Think it will be a night for wearing socks to bed! :-)

5 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Wow Wow Wowwwwwww, I love all those rows of scallops!! Beautiful card, Wanda!

....and thems are some funky fringy boots Mz. Barbie is wearing!! LOL!

Marisa said...

This is darling, Wanda! Love the scalloped layers as per the boots and the darling tag with mini library clip up top. I'm about ready to trade you cold for rain LOL!

Betty Wright said...

Amazing card, Wanda! Great look and details! I was just checking out Barbie's boots...whoa! I love how you used the colors, texture, and details!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty! Lovely mix of colors! All of those scallops are wonderful and I love the embossing! :D

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much for playing!!