Thursday, December 1, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches

 

 


Hope your week is going well! It's flying by quickly but I was able to squeeze in two more Christmas cards which may pretty well finish up my card list. I loved the new layout for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge designed by Cecile. It allowed me to use the ornament shaker die as the circle element. I had many different strips die cut from previous projects, so chose Sweet Blush, Scarlett Jewel and Vintage Jadeite for my color scheme.

I die cut the poinsettias from Sweet Blush Paper and sponged the edges with Pale Peony ink then splattered with Scarlett Jewel. The leaves were die cut from Vintage Jadeite paper and edges were sponged lightly with Pinefeather ink.

STAMPS: None.
INK: Pale Peony, Scarlett Jewel, Pinefeather (dye inks by Papertrey Ink).
PAPER: Vintage Jadeite, Sweet Blush, Scarlett Jewel, White (PTI); Metallic gold.
DIES: Christmas Shaker, Into the Blooms: Poinsettias, Bows Galore, Winter Globes (sentiment), Gingerbread House (small circle center of large poinsettia) - all by Papertrey Ink; Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics by My Favorite Things.
OTHER: Curving Leaves 3D embossing folder (Altenew).
 
The second card uses identical supplies except for the bell shaker die. I thought I didn't "need" the Bows Galore die set from the last release at Papertrey Ink, but am so glad I ordered them because I find that I'm using them frequently for that little detailed touch. 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!    ~Wanda
 


1 comment:

Cécile RIBON said...

Delightful duo of floral cards. Thanks so much for joining us at Fresly Made Sketches this week.