Thursday, April 22, 2021

Balloon Bouquet

I wanted to play along with a couple favorite challenges and thought this balloon bouquet would fit the bill for Karren's great layout at Freshly Made Sketches and also for Laurie"s CAS birthday challenge at The Paper Players. The sketch is for a slimline card so it gave me a chance to finally try out  a slimline die from The Greetery that I haven't used  until now.

 

I really love all the layered stamps used to create the floral balloon! 


 
The two smaller balloons were simply die cut from white paper then ink blended with Hibiscus Burst and Mint Julep dye inks.

STAMPS: Balloon Bouquet (The Greetery).

PAPER: Lemon Tart, White, True Black (Ink to Paper).

INK: Lemon Tart, Hibiscus Burst, Autumn Rose, Mint Julep, Vintage Jadeite (Ink to Paper); Versafine Onyx Black.

DIES: Big Balloons, Nordic Slimline (The Greetery).

OTHER: Washi tape.  

 

 

 

It's a blustery cold day in VA and I'm back to wearing two sweaters in the house and am hunkered down in my craft room after doing some laundry and watering plants that I bought recently but can't place outdoors until after Mother's Day (the recommended time to plant items that might get bitten by frosty nights). Thanks so much for stopping by!                                              ~Wanda

2 comments:

laurie said...

Awesome slimline card!!! So pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this birthday card! The floral balloon is just lovely!