Friday, August 14, 2020

Ink to Paper August Release Countdown Day #4

 

Welcome back to day #4 of the Ink to Paper countdown for the August release! I hope you're as excited to play with these new fall products as much as I am! Today we are introducing Shutter It Stamp Set/Dies + In Stitches: Acorn Die + Inside Greetings: Grateful Stamp Set. I have a long post so let's get on with the show!

 

This is a unique interactive card that allows you to open and close the shutters to reveal the sentiment inside. There are instructions available for assembly which I needed for my technically challenged brain - lol!

The smallest flower pot comes with this set, but I wanted to add a couple more pots from the Growth set that was released in July. I stenciled Classic Kraft ink with a brick stencil for the background.


STAMPS: Shutter It Sentiments, Growth
INK: Pure Black, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Classic Kraft, Green Parakeet, Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, New Leaf, Ripe Avocado
PAPER: Rustic Cream, Classic Kraft, True Black
DIES: Shutter It dies, Growth

 

I wanted to experiment with using two layers of card stock for the shutters and the brackets on another card and this is the result. I'm voting for this option because it was much easier to slide the shutters open and closed! 

STAMPS: Shutter It Sentiments
INK: Pure Black, Prairie Grass, Olive Twist
PAPER: Patterned textured paper, Soft Stone, Pure Black, Prairie Grass
DIES: Border Bling:Grateful Vine, Shutter It dies

One of my favorite items in this release is this stitched acorn die! It's great for a card focal point and it makes a cute felt project as well! It also reminded me of an old saying that always makes me chuckle: " The mighty oak was once a nut that held its ground". 

I created an ornament and cut two of each die piece. On the front side, I stitched the large cross stitched pattern then added a running stitch to both sides using DMC embroidery thread #301 (I used all 6 strands to give it more definition). I glued some satin ribbon between the layers and added a yarn flower embellishment that I've had in my stash for years. 

I'm planning to add some essential oils to the flower center (can you smell the orange, cinnamon and nutmeg?) and will hang the ornament either on my car vent or in my craft room. This would make a fun gift for a friend as well! 

Next is a card that uses some contemporary fall colors and I really love how this turned out! Lots of texture makes me happy (burlap, twine, embossed frame, splattered backgrounds, layering with foam tape, etc.)! 

I used the Nifty Plaid background stamp on the Honey Nut "cap" of

the acorn then stamped the Loosely Woven background stamp with Enchanted Evening ink on Rustic Cream card stock. TIP: I like to trace around the acorn and layer a contrasting backing so all of the holes have a consistent color. The sentiment was die cut twice to give it more dimension.

 To the right is the inside of the card.

STAMPS: Nifty Plaid, Loosely Woven, Framing Fall (acorn on inside)
INK: Honey Nut, Enchanted Evening
PAPER: Rustic Cream, Enchanted Evening, Honey Nut, Ripe Avocado
DIES: In Stitches: Acorn, Border Bling: Grateful Vine (sentiment), Skinny Frames: Diagonal Border, Border Bling: Tin Stitch, Floral Delicacies
OTHER: Jute twine, Burlap, Copic Opaque White

Here is a second card using this die as a focal point!

I love a bit of whimsy that comes when you paper piece patterned paper on a project! I used some vintage, weathered-looking paper and paired it with an embossed chevron pattern. The leafy frame was inlaid with leaves in Rustic Cream and Honey Nut card stock on a Pure Black frame. Some shiny, glittery copper twine topped it off!

The pine cones and greenery were fussy cut and tucked into the corners (images are from the Framing Fall and Framing Fall Sentiments stamp sets). 


STAMPS: Framing Fall, Framing Fall Sentiments
INK: True Black, New Leaf, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Honey Nut, Cocoa Bean
PAPER: Textured paper, Honey Nut, True Black, Rustic Cream
DIES: In Stitches: Acorn, Framing Fall Sentiments, Border Bling: Leaves
OTHER: Copper metallic twine

*New Products*

 

And that's a wrap! You've seen four days of reveals and hopefully have been inspired to start creating some fall projects! Remember, the new products will be available for purchase at 10 PM ET on Saturday, August 15 so be sure to check it out HERE.

                                                  Happy stamping!    ~Wanda

 

1 comment:

Andre M. said...

I'm intrigued to see the sliding mechanism for the shutters to created the fun interactivity. Thank you for showcasing these products so beautifully.