Monday, January 15, 2018

Alcohol Ink Background

 
So...I got down and dirty the other day when I played with a variety of alcohol inks (Pink Sherbet and Wild Plum by Ranger used here) to create some fun backgrounds.  I was inspired after watching one of Jennifer McGuire's tutorials HERE.  This was my first attempt and I tended to overwork the two ink colors but went ahead and splattered some yellow gold paint from Gansai Tambi's Starry Colors palette and used it as a backdrop for this awesome new Falling Hearts Panel die just released this month by Reverse Confetti!



Because I used gold splatters, I wanted to mat the white panel with
Gold Mirror cardstock.  I struggled with deciding on the base card color but finally went with this lighter pink to pick up the lighter pink tones in the alcohol inks.  A simple white embossed sentiment on black - from Reverse Confetti's Heart Filled Sentiment set - topped it off!  I created a second card identical to this layout but in different, non-traditional Valentine colors.  I will post that one on a later date.


JAN 14 - Quote from 365 Days of Wonder:
"He who knows others is clever, but he who knows himself is enlightened."
--Lao Tsu
JAN 15 - Quote from 365 Days of Wonder
"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up."
--Paul Valery 


No comments: