Friday, August 12, 2016

Garden Bunch


Temps in the 90's today (with humidity making it feel like more than 100 degrees) must have drawn me to the ColourQ Challenge which was to use 'Cool Caribbean', black and gray - lol! I combined it with Leigh Penner's fun sketch for CAS(E) This Sketch.  I'll have to admit that the flourish element had me stumped for awhile, but I had a light bulb moment and went with a very old Sizzix die that is
actually a Christmas trio of dies called Flourish, Holly and Mistletoe.  I cut two flourishes - one in gray and one in black - to give it a shadow effect.  The 2 step flowers - Garden bunch stamp set by Reverse Confetti - were stamped with Cool Caribbean and Tempting Turquoise.  The vellum leaves (Large Mariana Vine die by Poppystamps) were on my leftover pile and I cut it into thirds and tucked them in and around the flowers.  I also 'shadowed' the sentiment die (Fancy Words Confetti Cuts by Reverse Confetti) by layering white over Cool Caribbean.  Once again...the RC Edge Essentials Confetti Cuts were used (the tiny scallop and the stitched line)...absolutely LOVE this die set!

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Wanda! Lovin' those CTD colors too!

Joyce said...

Beautiful use of our colors this week, and I love your bold design. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

Michelle said...

Wow! What a gorgeous take on the sketch! I love those blue flowers. Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow, what a fantastic design! It's so fun when you can take Christmas images and re-purpose them! Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ and CAS(E) This Sketch!

Michelle said...

Stunning! Such beautiful layers and flowers! Thanks for playing along with ColourQ!

Hannelie said...

Wanda this is one amazing take on the sketch!
Stunning!
Thanks for joining CTS this week!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so fun and pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!