Monday, December 9, 2013

Diva Dare: Playing Favorites

There's a fun Diva Dare theme on the Verve blog this month! We have the option of choosing a favorite 2013 Verve creation or creating a new card!  Since I'm needing to stay in Christmas mode for new creations, I'm going with the first option to choose a previous card that is a favorite of mine.  Well...that was no easy task, because there are so many fave Verve sets, but I went with this card from a Mojo Monday sketch challenge on July 29.


This is one of my favorite Verve flowers (from the Hope Blooms set) to fussy cut, ruffle up and layer with foam dots!  I also love when Julie combines different fonts within the same sentiment and you will note that I almost always turn to Verve to choose my card sentiments!  I may have gravitated to this card today because of the cold and gloomy weather we are facing in VA.  This brings a welcomed breath of spring to my posts! :-)

STAMPS: Hope Blooms (Verve)
PAPER: True Friends 6x6 pad (Carta Bella), White, Raspberry Fizz (PTI)
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Melon Mambo ribbon (SU), Brad, MS tag, Hexagon Die-Namics (MFT), Large leafy flourish Die-Namics (MFT).

5 comments:

Marisa said...

I won't even begin to tell how long it took me to pic four favorites LOL! Couldn't do one! Love the pinks and greens, the hexagons and of course the flower and as you said, fabulous sentiments! Thanks for playing along!

JoAnn said...

This is beautiful Wanda. Love the pink and green color combo and all those hexagons. I love that flower also.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

No wonder it's a favorite! Every little detail is gorgeous. I ran out and bought some hexagon punches after seeing this card the first time! Love how you did that background.

Janelle Stollfus said...

With all those gorgeous colors and your favorite Verve flower to fussy cut, it would make me feel better soon. :)

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous Wanda!