Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dear Julee!



If you're arriving here from Mercy's blog, then you're right on track for the birthday hop...if you stopped by randomly, then you'll want to head over to the Verve blog for the master list which starts with Amber Hight.
I was thrilled when Amber asked me to join in the birthday blog hop for Julee! Now I'll have to tell you, the thought of creating in the company of the awesome divas was a little intimidating, but I'm such a big fan of Verve that there was no way I was going to say no. I decided to go with a tent topper card which fits into a standard A-2 envelope. The flower was colored with Copics, cut out and popped with dimensionals. It's one of my fave flowers from Julee's designs and I love the flourish in the BG that mimics the DP design.
STAMPS: Feel the Sun (flower), Big Wish (sentiment), Blessings (flourish) - all by Verve
PAPER: Bayberry Cottage (pinkpaislee), Vintage Cream, Black, Neenah Solar White
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: CB, Nestabilities dies, Fancy Tags die by Spellbinders, Satin ribbon, Oval punches (SU), Copics
From here, you'll want to hop to Amy Sheffer's blog to see the fantabulous card she has created!
Julee, I'll leave you with some birthday advice from Lucille Ball - "The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." :-)

23 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Wanda, this is gorgeous! I LOVE the colors!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wanda- how fun for you to be asked to participate in the bh honoring Julee's bday! Wonderful card~~ I still can't believe you work FT and can get the awesome creations made!! WOW!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hey I just found your Helpful Links list - WOW! How awesome is THAT! Thanks so much for sharing--- I bookmarked a couple of them!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Amazing, Wanda! Love the zesty orange and lime against that elegant black background. So gorgeous!

Pat said...

So elegant, Wanda. Your blog border matches too... did you know that? ;-)

Marisa said...

Gorgeous DP and your flower is fabulous!

Jen Tapler said...

Oh wow, love that black and white DP with the pops of bright color! Gorgeous!!

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

GORGEOUS card!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, Wanda this is gorgeous...great card!

enjoy *~*

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Very pretty in these wonderful colors with the B/W!

marilynwillauer said...

Love your card. Surfs up girl! It's what it reminds me of!! Great work on it.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Your card is just gorgeous, Wanda and your work fits right in with all the Divas! Thanks so much for the wonderful birthday wishes! Hugs!

Amber Hight said...

Well my Dear Wanda, your card is FAB! I love the black and green, how fab is that!

CreativeLady said...

Hi Wanda, Your card is just beautiful. Love that pop of color!

Tanya said...

Beautiful Wanda! Love the black and white with the pop of color. Everything is perfect, love it!

Betty Wright said...

Wanda...this is wonderful! WooHoo! Congrats on the invite and your card is wonderful! Great colors, coloring, and design! Fabulously done!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh Wanda!! I adore the orange and lime green with the black backdrop!! How totally striking!! Gorgeous!!

Mary Marsh said...

wanda-this is a beautiful card-congrats on being aksed to be a part of the blog hop-your work is amazing

Bonnie McLain said...

Wow I dont show up for a while.. and then you have all these to die for cards on here... so glad I got to see them... I love this one... the colors are super... and the top piece is great... love it all. You design some fantastic cards... great going.. .

I have a problem... I can not write you via e-mail... your address is corrupt... so when you get a chance write to me, so I can get your address and also I need to show you something...

Have a great day...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Shannan Teubner said...

Wanda, this is just beautiful! The colors are perfect...you have no reason to be nervous!!

Lynda Benden said...

This is gorgeous Wanda! You certainly have good taste in stamps!!! LOLOL!!! Your colors are fantastic!

Peggy said...

Gorgeous card! Wonderful color combination and elements!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lovely work Wanda, the B&W with the spashes of vervalicious colour are just wonderful!